- Roy Nathanson & Sotto Voce - Subway Moon
- Blue Note 7 - Mosaic
- Revolutionary Snake Ensemble - Forked Tongue
- Microscopic Septet - Lobster Leaps In
- Allen Toussaint - Bright Mississippi
- Wayne Shorter - the Soothsayer
- Sonny Rollins - Road Shows, Vol. 1
Member since 1999.
Home: Maplewood, NJ
Profile Views: 15,000
Joel Roberts has been contirbuting to AAJ since its earliest days.
I'm a longtime writer for AAJ, dating back to the days when we had to beg labels for CD review copies. By day I'm a news editor for a major Web portal. After two decades of the single life in Brooklyn, I got married a few years ago and traded in my cramped two-bedroom apartment in Fort Greene for a rambling 1896 Victorian in the bucolic New Jersey town of Maplewood. Much to my surprise, I survived the move. Even more to my surprise, I found there's good jazz in New Jersey! (Three examples: Shanghai Jazz in Madison, Cecil's in West Orange, and Trumpets in Montclair.)