Ed has been a jazz fan for almost forty years and hosts a jazz radio program at WDNA 88.9 FM.
From: United States |
Profile Views: 33,517
Articles published in last 365 days: 66
Originally from New York, moved down to Miami, Fla. in 1970. Returned to New York in 1980-81 for graduate studies then came back to Miami. I've been a jazz fan for more than forty years. Began contributing to All About Jazz in 2005. I am a member of the Jazz Journalist Association (JJA) and past contributor at eJazznews and Jazzreview. I am a member of and serve on the on the Board of Trustees of WDNA 88.9 FM Serious Jazz radio station in Miami at www.wdna.org. I co-hosted Staight, No Chaser, The New Music Hour with Ed Blanco and Mark Hayes, a twice monthly program that featured the latest new releases by up and coming artists from small and independent record labels from the U.S. and around the world. The SNC program ended March 24th, 2007 when partner Hayes moved away.
I am currently hosting my own program at 88.9 FM which airs every Sunday mornings from 7 to 9 am called Jazz Cafe. The format is simple, straight ahead jazz for the first hour and the same kind of new music I played on SNC from 8 to 9 am. I play jazz vocals, contemporary jazz, big band, Latin and Brazilian jazz, bebop and hard bop. Love big band music and AAJ is the right place for me to express myself with respect to this underappreciated genre. I like promoting the music, that's why I do this. I help public relations firms with reviewing new CDs and promoting new talent
I have authored several CD liner notes and could use a few more for a project I am working on. Anyone working on a new CD and need liner notes, should contact me at email@example.com (not on Facebook) to discuss.
- Rob Parton's Jazztech Big Band -Just One Of Those Things
- Vince Seneri - The Prince's Groove
- Louie Bellson & Clark Terry - Louie & Clark Expedition 2
- Taylor Eigsti- Let it Come To You
- Whit Williams - Now is The Time Big Band
- Kenny Carr - Changing Tide
- Robin McKelle - Modern Antique
- Salongo - Salongo
- Bruce Tegler Big Band - That's It
- Bill Prouten - Low-Down, No-Good
- Rave Tesar Trio - You Decide
- Carl Saunders -Be Bop Big Band
- Ed Vezihno/Jim Ward Big Band - Blue Haired Mama
- Rob Parton's Jazztech Big Band - Two Different Days
- Gerald Wilson Orchestra - In My Time
- Pete Peterson and The Collection Jazz Orchestra- Night and Day
- John La Barbera Jazz Orchestra - On The Wild Side