After hearing Sonny Sharrock's Ask The Ages, there was no turning back.
From: United States |
Profile Views: 35,875
Articles published in last 365 days: 20
Like many of my generation, my personal musical epiphany was punk rock, but it was the self-titled debut album by Naked City that really opened my ears in the late 1980s. A steady diet of classic post-war jazz followed and the historical connections between Coltrane and Miles to Berne and Frisell became clearer.
- Dave Alvin and Phil Alvin - Lost Time (Yep Roc)
- Dee Dee Bridgewater - Dee Dee's Feathers (Okeh)
- Charlie Hunter Trio - Let the Bells Ring On (CHM)
- Kirk Knuffke - Little Cross (SteepleChase)
- Made To Break - Before The Code (Trost)
- Sam Most - From The Attic of My Mind (Xanadu)
- Joanna Newsom - Divers (Drag City)
- Larry Ochs - The Fictive Five (Tzadik)
- Sun City Girls - Torch Of The Mystics (Abduction)
- The Thing - Shake (Trost)